Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Vannah's Fairy Smock

After almost 24hrs of no internet access I decided to do some sewing to bide the time. I used a pattern found here. I made a few changes including adding button holes to the front straps so that I can feed the cross over straps into these and then securing by tying a knot. Next time I will allow extra strap length as they just weren't quite long enough for me but otherwise lovely pattern and very easy. From cutting out pattern to on Savannah took about 1.5hrs including some dash's for puppy attendance and solving disputes between the girls :) So here are some pics of Vannah modelling her smock. It is fully reversible plain pink cotton on the reverse side and a pocket on each side (attached before sewing together). I think I need to work on my pocket shape as I just quickly drew this by hand.




This is the next item I am adding to my to sew list other than the EB sewing challenge to make another Margaret Sling Bag that I am racking my brain as to the creative elements to.

5 comments:

Natalie Hennekam said...

That is just gorgeous... and she looks so happy to be wearing it!
Loving your work :-)

Purple Paisley Patch said...

Gorgeous smock and adorable model!
:-)

Lesley said...

So cute kate

Kate Ernst said...

Thanks girls I will definitely be revisiting this pattern or drafting something similar.

Austysmum said...

very cute!