Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Handmade Help

The fires in Victoria and New South Wales are a devestating event and one that has affected me so much over the past few days. I am so very sorry for all those lives lost and forever changed because of the fires. My family and I will be donating what money we can but there are so many things these families have lost and will never recover.

I became aware of a project that has been set up and will be trying to help out where I can. These two links will give more details of what is being organised to try and help ease the pain for all those affected by the fires. Handmade Help & Meet me at Mike's.
I will be donating these sock monkey's that I made last year and will also try and get some other things made up real soon to donate also.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love your sock monkeys, such great patterns :)

Thanks for supporting a great cause.

Purple Paisley Patch said...

Hi Kate, I understand that you are acting as a drop off point for those of us in Brisbane who would like to donate goods to Handmade Help. Is there anything in particular you are collecting, or are you taking whatever people are able to give - books, toys etc?

Thanks
Kelly :-)