Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My latest project

The latest sewing project that I have been working on is a present for a friend for her upcoming baby shower this weekend. Her and I have been friends since high school and she is due with her first daughter, Charli. Another friend and I have been giving a rocking chair a makeover as her present. I have recovered the seat covers in pink gingham fabric and made a coordinating hourglass pillow using this FREE Amy Butler pattern. I machine blanket stitched the butterflies and flowers onto the pillow pieces before sewing it all together. My friend had the fiddly job of stripping the chair and repainting it. I went around yesterday and did the final measurements for the straps on the cushions and I think it is looking very nice indeed!

Here are some pics of the finished product (well almost)